March 19-23, 2018 studies were held for Ukrainian Universities, participating of the project “Modernization of Pedagogical Higher Education by Innovative Teaching Instruments” (MoPED) of the EU Erasmus + KA2 Project – Development of the Capacity of Higher Education, No. 586098-EPP
-1-2017-1-UAEPPKA2-CBHE-JP at the University of Deusto (Bilbao, Spain).
From Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University took part in studies: Nataliia Morze – Vice-Rector on Informational Technologies, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor, Corresponding Member of National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine – Project Manager; Gladun Mariia – Senior Lecturer of the Department of Information Technologies and Mathematical Sciences of the Faculty of Information Technology and Management; Tiutiunnyk Anastasiia – Methodist of the Center of ICT competencies of IT in Education Laboratory.
During studies, the participants of the visit got acquainted with:
- The Spanish Education System and the organization of the educational process of Deusto University; Implementation of Innovation: Case Study in Elementary School, model of open school, as an ecosystem, experience of working with micro-MOOC at the University of Deusto.
- Methods and technologies for forming computer thinking, the STEAM training method through the online game platform STEAM Decks, the specifics and characteristics of block programming on the platform Kodetu.
- Laboratory of FabLab, its main purpose and equipment; experience in introducing online learning, e-learning services, accessible to student at Deusto University; a social network of Social Labs developed by the University’s staff for demonstrating threats to social networks;
learning organization based on research, using remote laboratories, tools for creating content for research.
- Features of Inquiry Based Learning, Tuning Methodology, tools for evaluating project activities in research-based learning.
- The methodology of training with the use of gaming technologies, the program of media literacy and the implementation of multiculturalism in the modern school.
As part of the studies, Natalia Morze spoke about educational trends and tools for forming the digital competency needed by the teacher of the modern school. Participants discussed ICT tools, components and the number of levels of digital competence that should be covered by the relevant standard. In line with the tasks of the project, the team of the university prepared and manage on-line survey for participants of the training on the use of ICT tools in the educational process.